Braces are one of the most common orthodontic treatments used to align and straighten teeth. They are also used to close gaps between teeth and help with other dental issues.
Different Types of Braces:
1. There are many different types of braces that can be used to straighten teeth, but the most common type is metal braces. Metal braces are made of small metal brackets that are glued to the front of each tooth and connected with a wire.
2. The wire is then tightened or loosened in order to move the teeth into the desired position. The braces will need to be worn for a period of time, depending on the severity of the dental issue.
3. In some cases, braces can be worn for as little as six months, but in other cases they may need to be worn for two years or longer. Once the teeth are in the desired position, a retainer will need to be worn to keep them in place.
4. There are also other types of braces that can be used, such as clear braces or invisible braces. Clear braces are made of a clear material that is less visible than metal braces.
5. Invisible braces are made of a clear plastic material and are virtually invisible when worn. These types of braces are more expensive than metal braces, but they may be a good option for adults who don’t want to wear traditional metal braces.
- Braces are most commonly used to straighten teeth and close gaps between teeth. They can also be used to help with other dental issues, such as overbites or under bites.
There are a few disadvantages to wearing braces.
- They can be uncomfortable, especially when they first use.
- They can also be expensive, depending on the type of braces that you choose and how long you need to wear them.
- Some people may also feel self-conscious about wearing braces, especially if they are adults. However, there are many different types of braces that are less visible than metal braces, such as clear braces or invisible braces.
Braces are a common treatment for straightening teeth and closing gaps between teeth. There are many different types of braces that can be used, depending on the individual’s needs.
If you are considering braces for yourself or your child, it is important to consult with an orthodontist to determine which type of braces would be best for your specific dental needs.